Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
As an apprentice you will:
- have a job
- earn a wage and get holiday pay
- work alongside experienced staff
- gain job-specific industrial skills
You can apply for an apprenticeship while you’re still at school. To start one, you’ll need to be:
- 16 or over
- living in England
- not in full-time education at the start of the apprenticeship
An Apprenticeship combines practical training in a job with study.
- the knowledge and understanding that underpin competent performance
- current best practice
- the standards required for competence
Functional Skills are qualifications in English, mathematics and ICT that equip learners with the practical skills needed to live, learn and work successfully. Functional Skills are a mandatory part of all Apprenticeship frameworks in England.